Jump to navigation Jump to search
- wŭn, /wʌn/, /wVn/
- Arabic numerals: 1
- Chinese numerals: 壹, 一
- Greek numerals: A'
- Roman numerals: I
- Binary: 1
- Hexadecimal: 1
- The cardinality of the smallest nonempty set. The number of heads a typical human has.
- The ordinality of an element which has no predecessor; usually called first but sometimes getæl án.
- Any person or thing (nominative case)
- One shouldn't be too quick to judge.
- Any person or thing (accusative case)
- I want the green one. (Ic wille þone grénne ǽnne.)
Word mid gelícum sweotolungum[adiht]
one (manigfealdlic ones)
- (rímcræft) the neutral element with respect to multiplication in a ring
- þæt tæl oþþe mearc 1.
- (US) án-dollar bill.
- (of a period of time) being particular; as, one morning, one year
- My aunt used to say: One day is just like the other.
- sole, only
- He is the one man who can help you. (Hé is se ána wer, þe þé cann helpan)